User Defined Tags
User Defined Tags are a simple way to insert PHP code into your site. To use them, simply create a new tag and paste your PHP code in. You don't need to add:
You can call your User Defined Tags (UDT) with Smarty like this:
To add your own plugin follow these steps:
- The plugin editor is in the back-end so you need to login as admin, or a user with appropriate permissions.
- In the Admin Console click on "Extensions/User Defined Tags" in the top drop-down menu.
- At the bottom of the page click 'Add User Defined Tag'.
- In the 'Name' text-box type the name of the tag (it can only contain letters, numbers and underscores). This is what you'll have to type in parenthesies to add a tag into a page so be descriptive but don't make it long.
- In the 'Code' text-box type the php code that the tag will be replaced with when the page is requested.
- Click on the 'Submit'.
You will find more information in the following page: