User Defined Tags
Welcome to the official CMS Made Simple documentation pages. We make a continuous effort to keep the information here up to date! However, dear user, we highly value your assistance in the process.
We need your assistance to make the documentation accurate, user friendly and understandable. Therefore we welcome any tips or suggestions regarding documentation. Thank you in advance for your contribution.
However, we will not respond to technical support questions submitted using this form. If you are having difficulty with CMSMS and cannot find the solution on this website, please submit your question appropriately on our support forum at: http://forum.cmsmadesimple.org. Please remember to follow the forum rules when posting.
User Defined Tags are a simple way to insert PHP code into your site. To use them, simply create a new tag and paste your PHP code in. You don't need to add:
You can call your User Defined Tags (UDT) with smarty like this:
To add your own plugin follow these steps:
- The plugin editor is in the back-end so you need to login as admin, or a user with appropriate permissions.
- In the Admin Console click on "Extensions/User Defined Tags" in the top drop-down menu.
- At the bottom of the page click 'Add User Defined Tag'.
- In the 'Name' text-box type the name of the tag (it can only contain letters, numbers and underscores). This is what you'll have to type in parenthesies to add a tag into a page so be descriptive but don't make it long.
- In the 'Code' text-box type the php code that the tag will be replaced with when the page is requested.
- Click on the 'Submit'.
You will find more information in the following page: